Thursday

A Touch of Spring and Summer

I am still not quite back into my normal posting rhythm and still stuck in post-move activities, such as interior-designing, finding my way around, walking extra ways to everything because I do not know any of the short cuts yet and simply try to settle. Quite time consuming, if you ask me. 

While I had been hoping for some serious spring coming around the corner all of Germany seems to be covered in white again. Really. I do love snow. In the winter. In December. It is there to make Christmas & holiday season looking even more romantic than ever and to make us have fun building snow men and snow angels... 

The calendar says it is spring already, so come on. 
Unfortunately I think we cannot help the weather we can only help ourselves to feel a little more spring-like.

That is why I am so happy to have a little touch of spring in my new home: A small crocus flower I got as a present from my friend.
Yesterday it started to blossom and it really makes my day on a day like this...

To continue having spring mood it helps to read my favorite blogs, for example the Londonder (go check it out, if you didn't already) for some paradise - beach- photos, I promise you will feel much more summerly in a few moments. Turn on some Jack Johnson tunes or listen to the Buena Vista Social Club for lighting up our winter blues ears. I promise, it helps ;-)

On days like these, I also really like to eat healthy and colorful food. For example this Asian Vegetable dream. Made of chopped vegetables, coconut cream and rice or couscous. Add whatever you fancy: Shrimps, chicken tofu - ready! Yum yum. Super easy. 
Even I can do it. It takes just the time of chopping the vegetables, the rice is cooking while doing everything else, and altogether it can be served in 25 minutes time. 

And the mood goes up, I swear!


Why only talking about a small touch of spring? Ha, let's talk summer:

I cannot wait to wear my small cherry summer dress I bought back in January. Therefore I am very eager to get some warmer temperatures soon, please!

I only would need some shoes to go with it. 

Any suggestions ?
I thought about some white heeled espadrilles / wedges or some red ballerinas, what do you think?

My white summer hat would perhaps also go.
Hmmmm. 
Though, I am afraid I have to practice patience (not my strongest point) and wait!

In the meantime I will spend some more time reading my new book - which is not a classic this time (I am a member of the classics club. And I am sorry James Joyce, yours has to be put on hold for a moment) but a book narrated be a French lady who used to work as a CEO for Veuve Cliquot Champagne and who pssst..! lets us into the secrets of French women's eating and lifestyle habits ;-)
YAY!!!

I am around 50 pages through so far, and it is well and wittingly written and I can say that I enjoy it! 
It is quite a quick-read, and I shall write a summery and recommendation here after I finished it.

When I was cleaning my new home this morning, not expecting anything but maybe my small amazon delivery, the postman rang -- and brought me this: 
A large care package from my auntie to congratulate me to my move and cared for the first few items which will inevitably be needed.  
What a huge surprise! 
The next few minutes I spend happily unwrapping lots of presents, clapping hands from happiness and gratefulness:
Candles, a table cloth, some groceries, a book (another one than above mentioned), spices and a bowl of the famous mymuesli muesli, which I know already for ages, but never really tried myself....
 It is a company based from students in my student town, and their idea was that everybody should be able to pick'n'mix their own muesli since those pre-packaged and -selected ones mostly contain components not that much needed. 
If you are interested check out their website (no, it is not a sponsored link, I just like them and their products) and get yourself a portion of this super healthy and individual stuff - and on top of it -- it is all organic!! 

Here is mine:
A bowl of finely selected grains, mango, banana, raspberry.
Filled up with soy milk, and it was utterly delicious. 

And when I look out of my window, I see the tree and little birds nest covered in snow...


... and dream of spring and summer!

What do you do to get over the winter blues?


Have a wonderful day!
Love, 
Svenja
xx

10 comments:

  1. Karlsruhe no longer has snow... instead we've had about 6 days of rain! (And it's still cooold.) I'm not sure I like that any better...

    LOVE the cherry print dress. Definitely red shoes with it, and the white summer hat.

    How nice of your aunties to send you all those gifts. A care package definitely makes the current weather much easier to bear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bevchen!
      And yes, you're right about care packages making the current weather more bearable. Today we had sunshine, but it was frrrreeeezing cold. Arctic, I can tell you...

      Have a lovely evening!

      Delete
  2. Wow, das Kirschkleid ist so, so schön. =) Hoffentlich wird's jetzt bald warm.
    Hast du Lust auf gegenseitiges Folgen? Dann sag mir einfach Bescheid. ;)

    Ich wünsche dir schon mal ein schönes Wochenende!
    Diana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, Diana, mir gefaellt es auch sehr!

      Liebe Gruesse

      Delete
  3. Look at you all optimistic about the weather! There are hints of spring in Karlsruhe finally - sunshine but still cold but it's a start. And that book sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liebe Svenja, was sind wir nur für Glückskinder hier in Bayern, denn wenn ich aus dem Fenster schaue (zumindestens untertags, wenn es draußen hell ist) dann sehe ich keinen Schnee, nein, bei uns wird es tatsächlich schon ein bißchen grün. Wobei ich ehrlicherweise zugeben muss, dass für mich das Wetter meistens eher keine Rolle spielt.

    Und die Schuhvorschläge für Dein Kleid, die finde ich allesamt sehr gut - ich hätte sogar alternativ an noch an rote Pumps gedacht. Überhaupt ist das Kleid zuckersüß.

    Ich wünsche Dir von Herzen weiterhin erfolgreiches und glückliches Einleben und ein perfektes Wochenende.

    Alles Liebe von Rena

    Hi dear, great selection which you´re showing. I like such kind of outfits very much.

    And thank you for your nice comment on my blog: I checked immediately your blog with the result: I like it!

    I would like to follow you on gfc and/or bloglovin. It´ll be great if you come return to my blog to follow me – then I will follow you immediately back.

    xxx
    Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. A care package is so so so sweet! I love the idea of my muesli! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liebe Svenja. Ich glaube im Moment geht es den meisten so, man möchte einfach nur noch richtigen Frühling. Mit warmen Sonnenstrahlen, die ersten Blüten und luftigere Kleidung.
    Dein Kleid ist aber auch zu hübsch, mit warmen Cardigan oder Jeans Jacke würde ich es jetzt schon anziehen wollen.

    Ich denke, dass dich das Einrichten deiner Wohnung und Zurechtfinde in der neuen Stadt ablenkt und nicht zu sehr über das kalte Wetter nachdenken läßt.
    Ich hoffe du wirst dich in deinen neuen Wänden Wohlfühlen.
    Liebe Grüße, Cla

    Glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot,de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke dir, Cla, ich wuerde sagen, ich fuehle mich sehr wohl hier! Und wenn dann hoffentlich bald der Fruehling kommt, dann sicher noch mehr!

      Stimmt, mit ner kleinen Jacke koennte ich das KLeid schon bald anziehen, gute Idee ;-)

      Liebste Gruesse

      Delete