Tuesday

P S Krøyer

Today I discovered a new artist. 
I saw the paintings and fell in love with his works straight away:
P S Krøyer, a Danish artist (1851-1909) belonged to the artist group Skagenmaler, derived from the fact that they have been working around the most Northern town of Denmark, Skagen. 

To me his works have a fascinating touch of lightness, and I love how he is using the light in the garden scenes.
I am not too involved with art history very much but to me his works give a certain calmness, and although he is using "colder" colors it appears warm to me and flattering instead of spreading the Nordic atmosphere which mostly is referred to as rough and cold, sometimes surrounded by some sort of unpleasant feeling.

Here are a few:








What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment